Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tasty snippets-Del.icio.us restores my faith in people's intelligence

These were the top tags on del.icio.us as of 10:05 PM, Wednesday, April 15, 2009.
I was really surprised by them. I've never really perused del.icio.us seriously before, but I'm impressed. I would have expected further evidence of the mass mediocrity effect of the internet, but it truly does its job as a tool to find the best of the internet. All of the items on this list seem like topics that are really relevant and useful--not inane tagging of things like celebrity gossip or lolcats. From this list, it seems like the majority of people on del.icio.us are actually interested in cerebral or cultural things.

It's interesting how general the top tags are. I guess it makes sense--things that are more specialized aren't going to have the most tags.

I just thought I would share that. Despite the abundance of whiny preteens on Livejournal and the flood of status updates begging you to invite 20 friends to find out what Disney princess you are, there's still hope for our brains!

1 comment:

Sally said...

This is really interesting! I'm quite surprised (but glad) to find that people on average are more interested in intellectual things than lolcats...

Post a Comment