Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Click Here (in no particular order)

























































Here are my favorite blogs! I actually am not a very devoted follower of most of them, but these are the most memorable of my many years trawling the net.

I think that these blogs are successful because of their content. Many are funny, like the defunct Marmaduke Explained, but they all keep their audience coming back somehow, with things to engage the viewer, like Ze Frank's dozens of quirky internet games, the writing prompts from VW, or the sarcastic personality quizzes that first brought mewing.net to fame (that one is more of a quasi-blog, since it predates the blog craze and has more elements of the personal website).

It might just be my personality, but I have found that I return to some blogs or websites just to sift through things I remember years after I know they've been discontinued or gone on hiatus, as many blogs are wont to do. For example, Marmaduke Explained hasn't been updated since September 11, 2008. It's sort of the equivalent of Facebook stalking, except that blogs were around much earlier than Facebook and the content is usually of a much better quality. Each post obviously requires some effort, so it's more like a sort of...interactive magazine, in the case of blogs that also have many other features.

It took me quite a while to get all the screenshots uploaded and hyperlinked, so happy clicking!

1 comment:

Sally said...

haha, I agree. Stuff White People like is hilarious!
And I, too sift through old blog posts when nothing new has been added...

Post a Comment